Virgin Sport is seeking an experienced and energetic Content Producer with a digital marketing
background and plenty of creative flair. Reporting to our Head of Marketing, they'll collaborate with the
wider events team to create effective content plans and implement our digital strategy. They're an
exceptional copywriter with an enthusiasm for sports events and festivals, that enjoys being part of a
dynamic team and fast-paced working environment.
- Produce engaging content for a variety of digital platforms including email, social media and event websites and apps.
- Research, write and edit high quality, lively, topical, search-optimised content pieces for websites. This includes sourcing multimedia content and writing/editing copy.
- Create and compile editorial content for newsletter
- Create social media campaigns to engage online communities, and monitor social networks across all events responding to customer/community member queries
- Ensure all content across all platforms is accurate, relevant, adheres to the event tone of voice and reflects the aims and values of the Virgin Sport brand
- Work with the Head of Marketing and Marketing Executive to create, develop and implement strategies for platform growth, audience development and content.
- Identify trends in social media and digital content, discovering new growth and audience development opportunities
- Weekly content overview/analytics reports to be sent to Head of Marketing and relevant Virgin Sport event stakeholders
- Work on-site at our events to provide social content and important information via our social networks, and assist with photography and film crew briefing as required
- Strong online journalistic/editorial experience
- A passion for social media and extensive knowledge of social media channels
- Good understanding of multimedia and production of videos/animated artwork pieces.
- Ability to manage a number of projects at one time
- Approachable and conversational. Strong interpersonal communication including the ability to relate to different audiences
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills, with strong planning capabilities and project coordination.
- Willingness to work event weekends
- Experience working in a start-up and ability to adapt within a fast-paced event environment, stay calm under pressure and respond to changing priorities
- Experience with digital marketing tools, project management, and content management systems. Proficiency in Google Analytics and Microsoft Excel. Good understanding of web analytics and customer database.
- At least one year of relevant experience
- Fluent in English, with an excellent command of grammar / spelling
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for UK and European sporting events and festivals
- A passion for health and fitness is a plus!
- Competitive salary
- Pension matching
- 25 days annual leave
- Private insurance